Oprah Winfrey is on a search to find fresh, undiscovered, talent to follow in her footsteps as she prepares for her last show in Sept of 2011. The new realty show will launch in January on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). Aspiring hosts can upload their videos on Oprah.com under categories such as traditional talk show, cooking, health and wellness, and interior design. Visitors of the website can also watch and vote on submitted videos. A local Los Feliz Resident, Lisa, is on a path to become that new talent! Her video, Lisa’s Luck, explores Los Feliz as a fascinating place in the world, with its architecture, people, food, shopping and history. Lets unite together to show our support to the local Los Feliz hopeful and Lisa’s Luck! Visit the link, watch the video, give her your vote…and SPREAD THE LUCK!
06.8.10 | Community, Entertainment | Alex Golshan
A new and unique home has just been listed in the Los Feliz area where city and park meet at Red Oak Dr….this traditional home has been converted to a modern Loft style property with spacious open spaces, soaring ceilings, and custom metal frame skylights which extend to the rear where glass sliders provide you with windows to the world. Hardowood flooring in the interior and An additional librbary is hosted on the Mezzanine above. The one-of-a-kind 2 bedroom/2 bath living space offers over 2,700 sq ft. sits on 12,060 sq. ft lot, and to quote the listing …”when is architecture this cutting-edge available in a prime neighborhood so affordably?” What a great way to have an exotic artistic lifestyle in a classic neighborhood where you get the best of ALL worlds!
04.19.10 | Community, Market Trends | Alex Golshan
Currently, there are 90 Neighborhood Councils in Los Angeles. The Great Griffith Park Neighborhood Council (GGPNC) was officially certified by the City of Los Angeles in June 2002 to represent the areas of Los Feliz, Griffith Park, Franklin Hills, and portions of East Hollywood & Silverlake. This Council has a strong influence over planning issues that directly affect our homes, our favorite restaurants, our streets, our schools, our parks, and nearly every facet of the quality of life in Los Feliz.
Most city councils have a small number of officials who are appointed (Los Angeles city has 4.5% ) and the remaining is elected. Here, with the GGPNC, the numbers are actually quite different, 45% are appointed. That is not a typo you just read, it is an accurate number, 45% of the board is appointed and only the remaining 55% of the members are elected. The problem with this is that the members do not represent an accurate portrait of the community. Most of the members do not have school age children, and thus may not have strong interests in bettering community schools. They are not ethnically diverse to represent the many ethnicities who work, live, eat, and play in the Los Feliz community. The appointed members have been focused on constancy. They are not open to change, as a matter of fact they hope things remain as they have always been…in their favor. What may have worked for the area years ago, is not necessarily what is best for our community now. As the times change, our board members must reflect the times and people of the area. We were surprised to find out that board members do NOT even have to live in the area. Really? ??How would they empathize about problems RESIDENTS living here may face or the joy and pride each resident feels to say they LIVE in Los FELIZ!
03.19.10 | Community | Alex Golshan
Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller’s home in Los Feliz is listed for sale. This 4,179 sq ft., 4 bedroom/4.5 bath Mediterranean Villa was bought on November 9, 2007 for $2,575,000. The magnificent home holds a grand entry, precious stone floors, a wine cellar, library, and wood-beamed ceilings throughout the house. The exterior shows off a beautiful pool and canyon views and sits close to the Griffith Observatory. Their house was listed for $3,697,000 when it first came on the market in June ’09 and now has dropped its price to $3,197,000.
01.12.10 | Community, Market Trends, Real Estate | Alex Golshan
Did you know that Mickey Mouse was “born” in Los Feliz? Walt Disney moved out to California from Kansas in 1923 with only a few dollars in his pocket, and moved into his Uncle’s (Robert Disney) house, who lived at 4406 Kingswell Street, here in Los Feliz. He worked out of his Uncle’s garage and worked on his [...]
12.17.09 | Community, Real Estate | Alex Golshan