Farm Feliz in association with The Greater Griffith Park Neighborhood Council Green Committee presents: EAST SIDE ECO TOUR: Sunday, October 24th, 2010!
Do you have a home that you think ought to be on the 2nd East Side Eco tour? We need a few more homes. Do you want to share lessons that you have learned, with other homeowners in your quest to reduce your home’s eco footprint?
It’s simply an open house. You would open your home (or some part thereof) and visitors would come a see your gray water system, your solar power, your passive cooling, your compost, your organic vegetable garden, … well you get the idea.
Your home or business could be highly technical in its approach to footprint reduction or it could be some down to earth inexpensive lifestyle approach. Farm Feliz will provide you with a volunteer to help you “host” your home on the day in the event that you are shy or uncomfortable speaking in front of groups.
Go to see last year’s tour and the kind of sites that were on the tour. This is a free tour. Our goal is to allow anyone to see first-hand how they can begin footprint reduction.
Here are a list of sites on the tour as of now for this year:
2) The Julia Russell Home - 4344 Russell Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027
3) 4310 Finley Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027 (Great for Green Weddings)
4) The Whitmarsh and Salata Home in Highland Park – 1600 Avenue 6, Highland Park, CA 90042
5) Silver Lake Farms – A working farm in Silver Lake
6) The Susan House - 5930 Echo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90042